Massillon Stumbled Upon Answer To Health Issues
Massillon is located on the Tuscarawas River. Massillon is the second largest incorporated area within the Canton–Massillon metropolitan area.
The original settlment of Kendal was founded in 1812 by Thomas Rotch, a Quaker originally of New Bedford, Massachusetts and Hartford, Connecticut.
The town plat was established along the east bank of the Tuscarawas River, which was the surveyed route for the Ohio and Erie Canal being constructed to connect Lake Erie with the Ohio River. The canal section spanning from Cleveland to Massillon was completed in 1828.